Educational Advocacy Training
Time & Location
About the Event
- This is a four part training series. You need to attend all four sessions to receive the certificate.
- You will meet each Saturday in February: (Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 20, and Feb. 27) from 8:30am-10:30am EST.
- You only need to register once.
- Use the same Zoom link for all sessions.
- You will receive the Zoom link in your confirmation email.
We highly recommend you purchase the Educational Advocacy Guidebook. This book goes along with the presentations. Order now so you can get it before training starts. (We don't get any revenue from the sales. It's just a great resource!)
Janel Frost is Executive Director and ASTra Coordinator for Michigan Hands & Voices. She's mom to four children. Her third is "Deafplus," meaning deaf plus other conditions. Janel has 13 years of experience with Hands & Voices, and 23 years in Human Services/Child Development. Tabby Belhorn is the Executive Director and ASTra Coordinator of Ohio Hands & Voices. She has three children, the oldest of whom is deaf. She is also an ASTra Trainer for Hands & Voices Headquarters and has been a passionate advocate for over 15 years.